Music Banter - View Single Post - What Didn’t President Biden Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2021, 06:51 AM   #214 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadis View Post
Yes, that slip of the tongue sounds a bit funny. As well as being repetitive, he was clearly getting ahead of himself and tripping over his words. But look at it textually, and only one "friend" is seriously mis-placed:-

BIDEN: “My long friend time friend, she's a friend. She's been my friend in and out of public life.”

Let the person who has never repeated himself cast the first stone; is that really you, jadis?

I don't plan to do any research into Trump's linguistic stumbles, but from memory, there was one about "routers". The difference, to me, is that Trump is stumbling to express ideas that are nonsense to begin with. At least with Biden, blunders aside, you are left with a proper idea - so I have more patience with him. Unravelling what Trump means is often an irritating, futile exercise; you discover that he is driveling on about toilets not flushing properly, windmills giving you cancer, that he is failing to understand the difference between weather and climate or suggesting that you shine a torch up your bottom to cure covid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
If that were true then I suspect he'd actually do something about it.
You sound a little sceptical, Batlord, but I hope he will deliver some real changes. He has at least started by making all the right noises and rejoining the Paris Accords. This document gives us some hope, and the page is headed "The White House" and therefore must be true:-

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...me-and-abroad/