Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2021, 07:53 PM   #9418 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
the thing is if they really had the intelligence that it was going to fall as quickly as it did you would've expected they would have made more preparations for that and had reinforcements ready to handle that situation. The most plausible reason for not doing so it's that they miscalculated the risks involved. Possibly there were also optical reasons why they didn't want to send more reinforcements preemptively because that would be implicitly admitting they had no confidence at all in the Afghan forces and were knowingly abandoning allies in that country to impending doom. Either way you slice it that reads like a **** up as far as I'm concerned.

Should we impeach? No. Should he resign? Nope. That would be an even bigger mistake. Sorry that the headline isn't positive but that's just the way it goes.
I'm not mad it's a bad headline. I guess I just wish people thought more deeply about things they commented on. The American Public was just saying they wanted out, then the whiny ****s bitched they didn't like how we left.

As for the fall of the government, yeah I don't know what to say about that. It was much quicker than I expected. I was referring to the bombing.