Music Banter - View Single Post - What Didn’t President Biden Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2021, 05:26 AM   #231 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Sigh.

I said I wouldn't respond, but I'm being accused of things here that are totally untrue, so in I go!

It's pretty pathetic to use my so-called "hatred" of travellers, cited by Neo, who never misses a chance to put me down, twist something I say or make fun of me, as a rationale for my stance against idiots who won't get vaccinated and think they have a right to do an Anthrax (the band) around others, but sure I'll give it a try, see if I can explain.

A) I don't hate "the Roma people". What we have are called, colloquially, knackers, or travellers, the latter being something of a misnomer as the last thing they do is travel. They find a site to camp and stay there. I don't actually have much against them. I certainly wouldn't advocate for their persecution, much less some sort of "final solution" for them. They can be annoying. They're very persistent when they knock on your door and try to sell you something. Other than that, I don't care about them. They live in caravans but it's well known they're mostly quite well off and could afford houses; the ones who have been put up in council accommodation usually end up wrecking the houses and ruining the neighbourhood with their parties, drunkenness and large-scale fights. All of this is a matter of record.

However, fights aside (and in fairness, they keep these very much in the family) knackers don't hurt anyone.

B) Anti-vaxxers, on the other hand, are putting everyone around them at risk, allowing the virus to mutate further, and contributing to the Big Lie because most if not all of them are refusing because of what Donald Duck sorry Trump told them, lied to them about, and his party are carrying that on to almost genocidal extremes. Someone said "the Republican party are killing their own voters" and it's true; look at the data. Don't bother with Florida, America's #1 hotspot, as they've found a way to change how they report the figures. But the truth is that there's a very good reason now why red states are red in another way.

A has no relationship to B, unless you want to somehow force one out of it. Good luck doing that.

Project all you want on to me, but don't accuse me of hating a group I don't hate, just because some semi-troll (at least towards me) commented on it and would like it to be so. I certainly won't say some of my best friends are knackers - I don't have any (friends that is, but certainly none of them are of the travelling persuasion) - but I have no beef against them. Some people just prefer to take things out of context.

And by the way, nobody every advocated for triple-masking, not even double. If you're not going to get the shot, the very least you can do is wear a ****ing mask and keep it to yourself.

And now, I go back to whatever it is I do.