Music Banter - View Single Post - Suggestions for a 14yr old rock fan pleeeease
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2021, 02:27 PM   #418 (permalink)
Eleanor Rigby 14
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber soul View Post
Some of them I found while exploring on YouTube. I also checked out sites like RateYourMusic and if something sounds interesting, I might give it a listen, usually on YouTube but I have Spotify too. Of course, I have the advantage of having collected for well over forty years now (I told you, I'm an old man )
I use these sites, too. In fact I've just posted my review on rateyourmusic. The problem is that the recomendations I get on every site are bands from 40 years ago, the only time I got something kind of "modern" was Greta Van Fleet, but I didn't really like them. They're OK, but I think they'll soon be forgotten due to obvious reasons (mainly because they don't have their own "sound" yet). I hope I'm mistaken. Some say they're a direct rip-off of Led Zeppelin. I don't really agree with that, but still don't like them very much. Here's a song in which the singer's voice sounds A LOT like Robert Plant's, specially hitting the high notes:

However, if they come to Spain again, I'll buy tickets to see them. I hope they find their own style and have success, cause right now everyone thinks they're the greatest young rock band at this moment
Eleanor Rigby 14 is offline   Reply With Quote