Music Banter - View Single Post - Coronavirus: COVID-19
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2021, 10:46 PM   #3950 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
yeah your prob right im just broadcasting on how i currently feel

i got my 2nd shot on Fri ...its about day 4 i feel pretty fine ....and i wouldnt say a grizzly bear more like a small cat

i thinking working out on sunday didnt help so ill prob not work out for about 6 days like people have reccomended

i agree anixety fear whatever def plays apart in anything and if it can be controlled that would be for the best

like most people i suffered from anxiety and depression in my 20's and i beat it the one thing that helped alllooott was working out and gaining a strong mind

there was no better feeling then after a hard workout dripping sweat battered but yet some how felt alive
I suffered from panic disorder in my teens which I was able to combat relatively quickly once I had an understanding of what was going on. After the panic attacks were gone, I did have some lingering anxiety, mostly focused on health related issues, so I think I know how this feels.

Something that I believe helped me was learning about the philosophy of critical thinking as part of my science background and that really appealed to me. So whatever I thought I was experiencing, I seldom bought into my worst fears. I always tried to battle it with rationality.

In the end, the health anxiety had fizzled out, although that took many years, maybe 15 or so. The amount of years it was a powerful presence in my day to day life was much less. Now I no longer feel like that's part of who I am.

Last edited by Guybrush; 09-07-2021 at 12:29 AM.
Guybrush is offline   Reply With Quote