Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums that turn 50 this year
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2021, 01:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Eleanor Rigby 14
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Hey Eleanor! Welcome to Journalland! Nice opening review, and I must say your English has come on in leaps and bounds. Well done. I have that album too, and would agree with most of what you say. Though a classic, today it would be characterised as having perhaps a lot of "filler", but the good tracks definitely outweigh the bad. I'm rather fond of "So Far Away" myself and I think if I remember correctly yes, the title track is a little pompous and boring and something of a let down.

Don't you just love that cat though? And did you know, Carole made that tapestry on the cover herself?
Thanks!!! Yes, I love that cat, well, I love cats in general tbh. And I had no idea that Carole King had made the tapestry on the cover!! I learn something new everytime I enter to musicbanter
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianneW View Post
Great reading Eleanor..your English is just so much better than mine..but then my excuse was Born in the London Region....
Well done that was easy reading as well. As for the name Tapestry cant agree that it's bland..Love doing Tapestries myself and they are to me highly talented works of art..
not mine as they are quite Bland...oo er..
Que estúpida de mi parte..haha
keep it up Eleanor....
Well, thank you very much! As for "Tapestry" I wasn't saying that the name of the album was bad. In fact, I think it's a wonderful name. What I was saying was that the song on it called "Tapestry" was the weakest one for me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I don't think she meant tapestries in general are bland; she was, I believe, referring to the title track, which I agree is bland. But as a title for an album it's pretty good, since the tapestry is often a metaphor for a life's work.
Exactly!

Btw, this is really fun if I have enough time to write these things, just posted another one above. Hope at least is not worse written than the first one
Eleanor Rigby 14 is offline   Reply With Quote