Music Banter - View Single Post - Coronavirus: COVID-19
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2021, 12:40 AM   #3979 (permalink)
jadis
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You are extrapolating a lot. Like why the piss are you bringing up white supremacy? If you have family members you're arguing with on Facebook about this then don't take it out on me.

You're also extrapolating a lot from a study he randomly posted as if publishing a study means we have a new cure. You publish a study. Then it gets peer reviewed. Then you get more studies. Then more peer reviews. Then you get meta analysis of all the studies and then maybe you can talk about having a new thing.

But if you'd like to take ivermectin cause you heard about it on Joe Rogan or Facebook then knock yourself out.

I've seen "white supremacy" used as one of the (perfectly random, imo) cudgels against those who are critical of some aspect of the authorities' handling of the pandemic. I was trying say that the left, of which you seem broadly representative, could use a bit more of their customary suspicion toward the governing institutions, including medicine. But whatever.

I do like the idea that I'm someone who listens to Joe Rogan though. I sometimes wish I would, seems like a fun way of life, but I can't take more than 15 seconds of his voice. He sounds like some guy on the bus who would sit next to you to start a conversation about car insurance rates and crop dusters.
jadis is offline   Reply With Quote