Music Banter - View Single Post - The queer corner
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2021, 11:26 AM   #1071 (permalink)
Marie Monday
the bantering battleaxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guybrush View Post
This might possibly offend some and if so I'm sorry, but for myself, I am not hung up on sexuality at all. To fit myself into some fake, binary idea of who I am in regards to sexuality seems dishonest and like shoehorned into a social construct.

My honest expression of sexuality would be that I enjoy sex with women or men and very much both at the same time. I never fell in love with a guy and I generally prefer women, but I do enjoy some of the possibilities from sex with guys. Had I felt free to explore that more in my life, I might have (am monogamous and happily married).

Some people I wanna bang and most not. What's with all the shoehorning (not talking about shoe fetishism)?

Edit:

I could add that while I can't be sure, this is roughly what I believe most "straight" guys would feel like if unfettered by strict adherence to some idea of heterosexuality which I believe has little basis in biology.
I get that, sexuality is complex and doesn't fit in a simple box. I put myself in the 'lesbian' box partly because it's simple and I happen to fit the box well, but mostly because the world is still so heteronormative that I feel like marking my gay territory, so to speak. For instance, even if you tell obnoxious drunk guys you're gay they still don't leave you alone. And it's also owning an identity that people have given you **** for. So for me identifying as gay is a way of asserting my sexuality until the world is ready to think about the subject like you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is offline   Reply With Quote