Music Banter - View Single Post - The queer corner
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2021, 06:24 AM   #1082 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
I don't see anything offensive in your post, but also I think you realize it doesn't apply to everyone (I guess you'd be on the bi or pan scale). Labels help in a way simply to identify preferences. I identify as gay because I don't have any sexual interest in women (or rather it's so miniscule it's irrelevant). There are plenty of people like this and always will be, even if/when we all get over our collective hangups about sex.
Yes, you're right. I usually think of sexuality as a spectrum or perhaps a plot of many dimensions. We all place a little differently on that spectrum with some aligning towards the ends and some closer to the middle.

I don't quite think of myself as bi, but maybe others would. Generally speaking, if I find someone attractive in a striking or interesting way and I want to look at them, that person is very nearly always a woman. I don't consciously think of men in terms of romance or how they're sexually attractive or not.

However, if I were to have sex with a man (something I would like to explore more if I could), at that point I would realize that whether or not I find them attractive IS important to how much I want that to happen or not. So attractiveness in men IS something that I register, even if it happens mostly unaware.

All in all, thinking of men sexually takes conscious effort, but when I do that, I find it appealing. I guess it's a bit like thinking about an exciting sex toy you might wanna try. If me and some guy were the only two people left in the world stranded on a desert island, it's not impossible that I could be satisfied in either a sexual relationship or a romantic and sexual relationship with that other person, provided I found them attractive.

For me to think "wow, that guy's cute" is something that has happened so rarely in my life. Maybe a couple or a few times? Perhaps more, but I tend to forget. It could be from a lack of excercise. I do think I probably like younger guys and not macho men, so I have a vague preference

edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
I'm bi but i prefer women and have no romantic feelings towards men
Sounds somewhat relatable

Last edited by Guybrush; 09-09-2021 at 06:31 AM.
Guybrush is offline   Reply With Quote