Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2021, 05:43 PM   #75859 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadis View Post
I don't think I follow the argument here.

Regardless, I do believe that when people will try to explain some of the weird ways in which America is haunted by sex, e.g. why there is collective pressure to construe some manifestations or forms of sexuality as threatening at certain points in time, the Foucault of The Will to Know (1976) will come in very handy, among many other texts and thinkers of course.
I mean you've hinted at reactionary attitudes, if not made explicitly reactionary statements.

Your statement about whatever we were talking about when you said something about Foucault saying something about bitches be lying for clout or whatever the **** gave an impression that you might harbor misogynistic sentiments that you weren't being otherwise more forthcoming with. You might have just been offering up a counter view for the sake of argument, but I don't remember you bothering to offer up whatever your personal opinion is, which often smells of "hiding your power level".

And your statements right here and now (and other places) mocking Trollheart seem to hint at you being more concerned with rolling your eyes at "so-called leftist purity" than the issues leftists actually speak on, a common, glib method of throwing shade by reactionaries and boorish centrists *spits*.

Considering that you've spoken previously about being a leftist and not even knowing anymore where you fall, all this is why I ask you if you're a frustrated leftist or an apostate leftist turning to the right (in case you didn't pick up on the National Review Trotskyist joke).
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote