Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 05:29 AM   #75878 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Saw the most dangerous and crazy thing ever the other day. Guy comes in on a motorbike - big one, Honda/Yamaha 175, something like that, the kind of thing they use in scrambling or whatever - slows down, sees two kids come to meet him, presumably his own. Stops, pops one up in front of him and the other climbs up behind. Kids are small (legs certainly didn't reach), probably no more than 6 or 7 years old maybe, boy and girl. Guy goes SLOWLY up to his house at the top of the road, I think, well it's still a bit much. No helmet on either child but at least he was just giving them a gentle lift with daddy back to the house.

Next minute he comes HARING down the street - probably going 40/50 mph or more, with both kids on board, races to the corner and stops. I had to turn away. Luckily nothing happened, but all he had to do was have to jam on the brakes (remember, he was going down to a corner, where traffic regularly turns into the street, and not often slowly either) and one or both kids were off that bike. Injuries could have been serious, even fatal.

What the **** is wrong with the guy? Does that sound like a responsible thing to do? Whether they're your kids or not (I assumed they were - I think I heard one say daddy - but I might have misheard) don't you have a duty of care, even simple basic human logic that says kids should not ride on a motorbike at that speed, especially when they're outside the control of the rider (he could do nothing about the one behind) and not wearing any sort of protective headgear?

I'm sure they were excited and delighted, but can you imagine him slowly making his way back up to his home to tell his wife "there's been an accident?" Thank the Great Pixie there wasn't, but it was no thanks to his complete disregard for the safety of his children, to say nothing of anyone he might have crashed into or caused to swerve out of the way.

That's how Evel Knievel was made.

Last edited by Plankton; 09-14-2021 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Shpellink
Plankton is offline   Reply With Quote