Music Banter - View Single Post - What TV shows are people watching?
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2021, 07:22 AM   #6892 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
Peep Show, the British sitcom about two flatmates

the "gimmick" of the show being those uncomfortable close shots paired with the occasional inner monologue from the 2 characters

it works really well for laughs, I enjoy this show's odd sense of humor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Funniest show ever made tbh. Any scene with Alan Johnson or Super Hans is guaranteed gold.
Yes, Peep Show is such a funny sitcom, and Super Hans is a great character.
Of the two flatmates, David Mitchell has become the darling of BBC light entertainment recently. Not without reason if you see him on this show:-

@TH & addidasss: I made it through the first season of Peaky Blinders, but suddenly and completely lost interest in season 2 because of the implausable plot twist I was expected to swallow but declined to.

Just finished a well-scripted murder mystery called "Clickbait". Set in modern, but precovid USA, it's what they call a limited series on Netflix and so it doesn't outstay its welcome like Peaky Blinders does. I found it gripping from start to finish, and took away this message: Never use social media, never trust anyone who does. Good advice. Trust me.