Music Banter - View Single Post - The Art Thread
Thread: The Art Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2021, 10:59 AM   #2157 (permalink)
rubber soul
Call me Mustard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rostasi View Post
Yeah, it was pretty newsworthy in those days because of her father's clean image and all that. His daughter was depressed and climbed out the kitchen window while a friend was there and fell to her death. Linkletter went on a tirade against LSD saying that she was on it and thought she could fly when it was proven that she had no drugs in her system. Linkletter changed his story saying that she had a flashback moment and that caused her to jump. The stories kept getting weirder and more desperate with tales of her taking heroin at 13 and other nonsense. It went on to the point when he was made fun of mercilessly - especially after releasing over-the-top books and at least one LP.
I knew about the LSD story (It was the hippie era of course). I didn't know the young woman's death had nothing to do with LSD in the end. It is true Linkletter got a lot of ridicule over his reactions though. Anyway, you learn something new every day.
rubber soul is offline   Reply With Quote