Music Banter - View Single Post - What Sucks about This Artist?: Pink Floyd
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2021, 10:26 AM   #191 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guybrush View Post
Disagree. They could've been a blues rock band. How would you know? Look for the LSD tabs?
I'd look at em.

Quote:
I definitely think many of us have short attention spans today and want things that are more obviously appealing. There's such an enormous amount of content and I think in that environment, having some obvious stand-out feature(s) or larger identity becomes more important.

It's not just their music which often lacks the instant gratification we increasingly want. It's most things about them. Without a stronger identity, they just more become what they actually are - old, white men. I think that affects how they're viewed today. Dad rock isn't cool.

But we don't have to agree. That's fine.
Agree to disagree on not having a strong identity I guess. I don't think it's entirely irrelevant, I just doubt that costumery is as large of a driving force behind public opinion as you're making it out to be. Does it hamper your appreciation of the group or something?

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote