Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You Listening To Right Now? II
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2021, 08:37 AM   #31803 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
Thanks for reminding me of these guys, it's been ages since I listened to them. I got into them in high school via my sister's boyfriend and we mostly listened to live stuff, but I also loved Yield. Now I have to go though their discography to see how I feel about it all after 20 years...
For sure, I think their discography is pretty damn strong (I can't speak for two most recent releases though, haven't listened to them).

Pearl Jam has somewhat of a cult following - and I don't know exactly how they got that cult following. But I've seen the "Alive guy/stickman" tattoo on a fair number of strangers.

Back in 2007, they released a 7CD boxset called 'Live at the Gorge' which collects three very strong live performances. 100+ songs performed, many including b-sides, covers and deep cuts. If you get a chance to check it out, it's worth it.

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/al...e-gorge-05_06/

I'm not and have never been a big fan of Yield though. I've always viewed it as a bit of a transitory record for them, after No Code (which is a better album imo). I think my two favorites from them are Binaural and Vitalogy. Good stuff.

As for what I'm currently listening to

Last edited by SGR; 09-25-2021 at 09:03 AM.
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote