Music Banter - View Single Post - What Didn’t President Biden Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2021, 04:37 PM   #347 (permalink)
Marie Monday
the bantering battleaxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadis View Post
I'm trying to get banned, ok? The academic year over here starts in a week and a half and I've already wasted all the time I can afford here.
Sweetie if you want a ban all you gotta do is ask
You're teaching right, or studying (or both)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadis View Post
The idea that the impact of an activist trying to avert a global catastrophe should be measured in strict accordance with the precise wording of her speeches and NOT in view of, you know, the larger context is too dumb for you to entertain, Marie. Leave it to the pensioner.
That's not really my point. She's young, and no expert or anything, so if she just wants to stick with what she can do and is effective at it, like call attention to climate change without pretending to be able to offer solutions, I don't think we should be too hard on her for not offering those solutions (but again, I don't know if that's what she's doing). It's not about assessing people's impact in a relative way, according to their promises; I'm not talking about any objective measure of impact. It's just pointless to reproach someone for not doing something they can't and never promised, but recognising that doesn't mean you think their achievents are equal to someone who can do those things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is offline   Reply With Quote