Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Music Banter Old Fogeys Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2021, 02:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Default The Official Music Banter Old Fogeys Thread

Come in, come in! WIPE YER FEET, WHY DON'T YE? THINK CARPET GROWS ON TREES? Sorry, sorry. Welcome to the clubhouse. Here is where we can moan and bitch about those younger, prettier and smarter than us, and whine about the good old days. Open to those 50 or over, either in body or mind, and oh I suppose kids can join too, but expect to be treated with condescending sneers and comments about how you don't know you're born, how you don't know what hardship is and so on. What? No, there are NO sockets into which you can plug your mobile phone or Ipad or whatever the damn hell you kids use these days! In my time, we had conversation. Well, sort of. Yeah, you'll soon get bored and leave, that's the plan. Young 'uns these days, I don't know...

All right then, feel free to speak with a lyrical twist, a tear in your eye or a scowl on your face about how things were so much better in our day, and let's show these punks how we did it in our dayzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wha? Wha? Who's there? I have a gun, I warn you. Well, a club. Well, all right, I'm not armed but I can bore you to death with pointless stories. Oh yeah? Wanna try your luck punk? Feeling lucky? Right then, you asked for it.

Rabbit's ears was what we called the television aerial we would use to pick up all of four channels when I were a lad, but you had to position it just right, otherwise the reception would...