Music Banter - View Single Post - What Sucks about This Artist?: Pink Floyd
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2021, 08:47 AM   #213 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Have you heard Radio KAOS and Amused to Death? Two excellent solo albums by him. I'd also recommend In the Flesh, his two-disc live effort. Wonderful stuff.
I don't know the others, but "times two" on Amused To Death: some great tracks, helped along by Jeff Beck on guitar, and R Waters does something that is not easy: makes a sociological point without ruining the songs.

I also think The Wall is full of excellent songs; put together, they tell a story, but each is a perfectly good song in its own right. I did find the whole Trial section to be a trial though. (Geddit?)

But Batlord also has a point:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Cause they're ****ing boring and I can feel my eyeballs drying while listening to them so I blink more than I need to. Ain't nobody got time for dat!
You know when you're doing something and you think "Listening to a bit of music would make this more agreeable?". I remember thinking that on one occasion, then realizing, "Oh, I'm already listening to Pink Floyd!" Something like Echoes was going straight through my brain, leaving zero impact.