Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart's Album Discography Reviews: The Alan Parsons Project
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2021, 12:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_32_116 View Post
I only own Tales and I Robot. My general impression of The Alan Parsons Project is that as their career progressed their music became more polished and also less interesting. However I must admit that I only know the title track from Turn of a Friendly Card, and I know it gets a fair bit of respect, so I probably should give it a proper listen sometime.
This is an interesting conclusion. Are you one of these people who prefers music a little raw or experimental? I can't say that the albums get "more polished": Parsons is a superb engineer and producer and all of the APP albums shine with excellent production, but if you've only heard the ones above then I would recommend Gaudi, Ammonia Avenue, Eve and to some extent Eye in the Sky (though I do tend to think that one dines out on its two major singles which support a few not-so-perfect tracks). You could also look into his solo material, which will be posted here in due course, especially On Air and Try Anything Once.