Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart's Album Discography Reviews: The Alan Parsons Project
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2021, 01:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
bob_32_116
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
This is an interesting conclusion. Are you one of these people who prefers music a little raw or experimental? I can't say that the albums get "more polished": Parsons is a superb engineer and producer and all of the APP albums shine with excellent production, but if you've only heard the ones above then I would recommend Gaudi, Ammonia Avenue, Eve and to some extent Eye in the Sky (though I do tend to think that one dines out on its two major singles which support a few not-so-perfect tracks). You could also look into his solo material, which will be posted here in due course, especially On Air and Try Anything Once.
I wouldn't say I like music "raw", but I do like it a little experimental.

When I say "more polished", I am thinking of songs like "Eye In the Sky", Stereotomy" and "Vulture Culture", which I think of as reasonably competent 80s-style synth-pop but nothing more. On the other hand I considered the first two albums definitely progressive.

Don't get me wrong; there are still some gems on the later albums, but not enough to make me want to be an APP completist.
bob_32_116 is offline   Reply With Quote