Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart's Album Discography Reviews: The Alan Parsons Project
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2021, 06:16 PM   #12 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Yes I'm a big Genesis fan, and I have a few of Tony's solo albums - A Curious Feeling, BankStatement, Seven, a few others. I don't particularly mind the assorted vocalists thing either - at least I don't have to listen to Lenny all the time! But some people, I know, get used to one singer and it's a bit of a jolt if anyone else takes the vocal duties, even with a band like Deacon Blue or Prefab Sprout or The Beautiful South it can be a little jarring when you hear a new voice. But coming from a prog background I'm used to that, with bands like Mostly Autumn and then of course there's the Eagles and bands like that, so no, it's no real problem to me either, as long as I like all the vocalists, and with a few small exceptions, I do.

If you enjoyed Pyramid my advice would be to move on to Ammonia Avenue and Gaudi, which for my money are two of the better albums, though as I say his solo stuff rocks too - well, the first two albums anyway.