Music Banter - View Single Post - Vinyl Memories
Thread: Vinyl Memories
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2021, 04:21 PM   #55 (permalink)
Screen13
Music Addict

Some brilliant memories for me
1986 (Spring) - Getting the Jesus and Mary Chain's Psychocandy (Reprise US release) and blasting it through my headphones knowing I'd get some flack from the parents over the feedbacks and SCREEEEEEEEEE.

1986 (Spring to Summer) - Going to Special Records (don't know when it closed...) and buying the following discs:
Julian Cope - Sunshine Playroom (12 Inch) - the manic-psych B sides!
The Associates - Q Quarters (12 Inch)
Syd Barrett - The Madcap Laughs/Barrett
The Cramps - A Date with Elvis
The Creatures - Mad Eyed Screamer (7 Inch)
Possibly - Red Lorry Yellow Lorry - Paint Your Wagon

1986 (Winter/Dec. possibly) - Going to a soon to close used album store and getting Scott Walker's first solo album titled Aloner in The US. A played but still playable disc with a small cut out "bullet" hole on the cover, this was at the time when he was still in the "Who's he?" files Stateside and just starting to get that cult status in The UK thanks to the Julian Cope-assembled Fire Escape in the Sky collection. To say that I was alone in my love of the album among my set of friends is to be factual about my memories. Have the CD today.

1987 (Spring) - Going to an Indie store in Toledo and being introduced to Psychic TV's Dreams Less Sweet. The clerk knew I was fully interested and actually previewed a couple of tracks for me which led to a sale (I was seriously into experimental sound discovery after being burned out from The Pop 80's). This was the first edition double platter with the Bonus Disc that I bought and introduced to a friend who was not as convinced. LP no longer in the collection due to moving to my apartment and getting some $$$ to help me for a couple of months through selling some good used discs, but again I have the CD to keep me company.

1987 (possibly Spring) - Going to a Salvation Army and getting Love's debut and Forever Changes on the same day! 50 cents each!!!
Screen13 is offline   Reply With Quote