Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart's Album Discography Reviews: The Alan Parsons Project
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2021, 03:12 PM   #18 (permalink)
bob_32_116
Music Addict

Interesting what you say about not recommending I Robot to someone new to the APP. I think I like Tales better, but it may be a bit too proggy for some people, whereas I think I Robot hits the sweet spot between propressive and pop.

My first introduction to this album was the single, "I Wouldn't Want To Be Like You", and I remember thinking it was pretty ordinary. I now think it's perhaps the least interesting track on the album. It's one of those albums that I think gets better from the start almost to the end, Things reach a peak with "Day After Day", after which the remaining tracks seem more like little little afterthoughts to round out the album (but nicely though).

There was apparently a problem with the album title, which is why, unlike the anthology by Isaac Asimov, the title contains no comma. I don't think Asimov himself had any issue with their use of the title, but of course it was the publishers who had to be kept happy.
bob_32_116 is offline   Reply With Quote