Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart's Album Discography Reviews: The Alan Parsons Project
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2021, 07:49 PM   #19 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Yeah I definitely wouldn't recommend TOMAI either. If I was introducing someone to the APP, to be honest, I'd go Eye in the Sky (cos everyone knows those two songs) then maybe Ammonia Avenue and perhaps Eve. I'd include Gaudi later, but the heavy reliance on the architect's life there might turn some people off. I just feel those albums have a better overall flow of really good tracks (I can't think of a bad one on Eve or Ammonia Avenue, and while I know Eye in the Sky has some weak stuff on it, its position as the album with "the hits" on it I think might cause them to be overlooked or accepted). Another one I would not recommend is Vulture Culture, which while again it has good tracks stands as one of the weakest of the albums for me. Also, despite my love for them, I don't believe good starting points would be Pyramid or The Turn of a Friendly Card - not too many non-proggers can take an epic of more than ten minutes!