Music Banter - View Single Post - What TV shows are people watching?
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2021, 06:14 AM   #6895 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
Oh yeah, second season of this, there's really no way you can make sense of a time travel plotline and they went balls deep into it so it's just a ridiculous mess at this point, but let's see how much more senseless it can get!
Yes, I watched the first season of Dark and enjoyed it despite the big impossible thing we are expected to swallow: time travel. It's intriguing in a way: i) the story itself and ii) wondering how the writers will deal with the well-known paradoxes, etc.of time travel. Actually, I thought they did a good job in season 1.

I'd like to use Trollheart's verdict on "Your Honour" to grumble about the diet we are offered on Netflix:- The plot got so contrived and ridiculous.

This seems to happen over and over again with series as they become increasingly desperate to extend a storyline beyond its natural lifespan. To make matters worse, Netflix seem to have bought a "job lot" of dark Scandanavian/European mystery series: there's one about post-apocalyse rain, one about lava people coming back from the dead, one about a cult worshiping (as I recall) a strawman of some kind. Anyway, as you may see they have become a blur in my head, which is why I haven't looked at Dark, Series 2: I can't be bothered to re-remember the convoluted plot of Series 1, and work out which events were from which story.

Something completely different is the Seinfeld sitcom, all 9 series now available on Netflix and still enjoyable, even though the first series was shown way back in 1989. Seems like a landmark in US sitcoms to me, and I secretly feel that the writers of Friends plundered it for ideas and attitudes before writing their own show with a more marketable gender balance.