Music Banter - View Single Post - The Temple of Doom
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2021, 08:56 PM   #31 (permalink)
LEGALISE DRUGS AND MURDER
Music Addict

EYEHATEGOD - TAKE AS NEEDED FOR PAIN (1993)

Are you angry? Are you angry... at every living thing? Are you filled with loathing, self loathing, hatred, despair and ****ing bile every waking moment? Do you just want to live in trash and filth and slowly ****ing die shooting dope and whiskey? Do you want to smoke meth and ****ing get in barfights and ****? DO YOU JUST WANT TO ****ING KILL PEOPLE?

Ok probably not. I hope not. But anyway eyehategod makes really loud rock music, you should check them out. This is a very hardcore based album, and that's most apparent in the vocals. Not that there aren't plenty of speedy moments, but much of this is like a really crusty sabbath with a head full of bad pharmaceuticals and paint fumes.

It impresses me a lot just how smashy smashy livid EYEHATEGOD manages to be, despite the fact that many riffs here are just the blues. It's full of whirling feedback and bludgeoning tone, like they woke up on the wrong side of the year. These are not happy people, and they are not making music to be happy to. The brutality here feels really painful and raw, and the band's punky swagger allows them to keep it loose, thick, and just bust your mother****ing ear drums. Billowing, doomy monster. The title track is one of the most hateful things ever. Who hurt you?

It's not flashy and compared to the trudging precision of Odd Fellows Rest it's a whole mess, but it's a beautiful mess. It's a violent, chaotic, loud, MEAN ****ing mess and it hates you and everyone so SUFFER and ****ing DIE. Thank you for reading my review.

Great racket for catharsis when you're unhappy. BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
LEGALISE DRUGS AND MURDER is offline   Reply With Quote