Music Banter - View Single Post - The queer corner
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2021, 01:59 AM   #1147 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
.... You actually think that quote matches what you described me saying about the trans joke being brilliant and everyone who didn't get it are just sensitive bitches?
Yes.

Quote:
vague. Possibly true but vague and also... Not why it's funny lol. It could just be i accept the joke because I'm accustomed to transphobia
So like, exactly what I said lmao

Quote:
i am not bothered by the joke being somewhat transphobic but that doesn't mean it's funny simply cause it's transphobic
Right. The appeal of transphobia is a driving aspect alongside the funny voice. Two things true at the same time, wild innit.

Quote:
i was asking you to be clear in which ideas you are ascribing to me. Since half the time you respond to **** you read into my posts that's not even there imo.
You're just gonna scoff at the prospect of being psychoanalyzed after requesting it, but:

You hastily defend transphobia as not worth criticizing because you're close enough to that mindset that you might receive some of that criticism yourself. You recognize on some level that transphobia is becoming passe. Then you lead everyone through all this semantic bull**** where you deflect away from your original point propelling transphobia to something more innocuous while framing your inability to understand a point as evidence against it in order to make the idea you're rejecting seem nonsensical.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote