Music Banter - View Single Post - The queer corner
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2021, 02:25 AM   #1148 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Yes.
i didn't even reference the joke in question in either of the two posts you quoted. You are really reaching.

Quote:
So like, exactly what I said lmao

Right. The appeal of transphobia is a driving aspect alongside the funny voice. Two things true at the same time, wild innit.
you seem to have problems reading... I said he made a funny face not voice and i didn't say the transphobia was part of the appeal of the joke either.

I just am not bothered by it like you are. I take it as relatively light hearted and benign.

Quote:
You're just gonna scoff at the prospect of being psychoanalyzed after requesting it, but:

You hastily defend transphobia as not worth criticizing because you're close enough to that mindset that you might receive some of that criticism yourself. You recognize on some level that transphobia is becoming passe.
uh yeah there's truth to that but it's more like i think it's become so trendy to make noise on these topics online that people overreact to pretty benign offenses.

But that's not WHY i found the joke funny... It might be why i have a knee jerk impulse to argue with people online about it though

Quote:
Then you lead everyone through all this semantic bull**** where you deflect away from your original point propelling transphobia to something more innocuous while framing your inability to understand a point as evidence against it in order to make the idea you're rejecting seem nonsensical.
wut?
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote