Music Banter - View Single Post - comedians
Thread: comedians
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 01:25 PM   #833 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
i didn't hear him make a joke about it but i only saw a clip...

Your response came across to me as knee jerk which is why i was just clarifying what i heard... Which is not to say nothing he did or said can be ridiculed but that it wasn't just i have a trans friend therefore I'm not transphobe... But people on both sides selectively care and don't care i think a lot of it is posturing.. Like why are people more concerned with Chappelle supposedly pulling the trans friend card than they are with the fact that maybe she was bullied into suicide... Seems like precisely the sort of thing people would usually be concerned about
Are most people even aware of his friend? I imagine him bringing it up is the first time most people are hearing about it and given the circumstances he's not exactly a reliable source. Besides, how do you suggest we self-police social media? We can't even police comedians.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote