Music Banter - View Single Post - Klaatu: surely the cream of all Prog
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2021, 06:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

They turn up on MB, but usually just as an item in somebody's list of prog bands or something. So this seems to be the only dedicated thread to Klaatu, and I have to say that it is far from informative.
Elsewhere on MB, I found this post, which tells us more about Klaatu than Jymbot could be bothered to tell us :-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombeels View Post

19. Klaatu - Hope (1977)

Most people know the Moody Blues album Days Of Future Passed where Rock music fuses with classical. Klaatu goes even further to create a whole new sound combining both genres. Hope is a concept album about an advanced ancient civilization that destroys itself. Klaatu was recording this album right around the time that there were rumours about Klaatu being secretly the Beatles. This rumour both helped and hindered them. Their first album 3:47 EST gets most of the attention but this album pulls you along on a journey.
My own 5 cents? As I recall, I found them to be a bit too slow and uninspiring, but by all means convince me otherwise, Mucha/rubbersoul

This song, though, had the honour of being covered by The Carpenters of all people. Nice title and hook line:-