Music Banter - View Single Post - Thoughts on Electric Light Orchestra
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2021, 02:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
DianneW
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber soul View Post
I mean underrated in terms of history. When they talked about the great artists of the seventies, ELO seemed to be one of the ones that were omitted. Sort of like how the Zombies (another fave band of mine)were overlooked when they talked about the British Invasion. Yeah, at the time, ELO was huge, but they seemed to fade from memory a lot faster than the Eagles or Fleetwood Mac for example.
Yeah you put that how I was thinking...
ELO I only owned Out of the Blue, but that is not a reflection of the amount of my time spent listenning to them.

I can see why there's gossip/talk of the Beatles connection..stuff written like this for example:-

Cloud Nine Review by Stephen Thomas Erlewine
Teaming with legendary Beatles obsessive Jeff Lynne, George Harrison crafted a remarkably consistent and polished comeback effort with Cloud Nine. Lynne adds a glossy production, reminiscent of ELO, but what is even more noticeable is that he's reined in Harrison's indulgences, keeping the focus on a set of 11 snappy pop/rock numbers. The consistency of the songs remains uneven, but the best moments -- "Devil's Radio," "Cloud 9," "Just for Today," "Got My Mind Set on You," and the tongue-in-cheek Beatles pastiche "When We Was Fab" -- make Cloud Nine one of his very best albums.

I just enjoyed the music...
DianneW is offline   Reply With Quote