Music Banter - View Single Post - Missing Posters Bulletin Board
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2021, 12:46 PM   #7112 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Nobody is claiming the universe isn't ****ed up. Especially the comparison to cults is problematic. Together with the remark about transitioning back, you're saying that the state of being trans is an inherently negative state of being confused/troubled about your identity, not feeling right in your own skin. It implies there's something 'wrong' with trans people, while being trans is simply having a gender that doesn't correspond to your birth sex. There's nothing wrong with that in itself, implying otherwise is problematic.

I appreciate that your tone is more respectful in this post though, consider this an honest attempt at coming to a better mutual understanding.
Thank you for bringing additional clarity to it. I don't think of the issue as a positive/negative thing...cause being "something" isn't good or bad, and I don't agree with society's definitions of "good" or "bad" in a lot of ways either. I follow the experiences and discussions from people like Counterpoints on YT and work with some people who transitioned who have engaged me with their experiences (and those are some pretty long stories in and of themselves). So it's kinda annoying when Bat and Frown take my attempt to explain something and then define it as transphobic even though I'm trying to define a broader issue with human society's relationship with biology. But I get the language context even if it doesn't really fit what I was trying to say.

And Frown, one last thing for you - being straight is a "condition". Having schizophrenia is a "condition". Having a "condition" is just a catch all term in the context of what I was talking about, which could be applied to anything.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.

Last edited by Anteater; 10-26-2021 at 12:52 PM.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote