Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart's Album Discography Reviews: Genesis
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2021, 02:33 AM   #30 (permalink)
bob_32_116
Music Addict

I passed on Trespass for many years. I think I must have heard The Knife at some point (pun intended); I didn't like it on first hearing and I'm still not crazy about it, and that made it easy to assume that the band had not yet found that sound for which I loved their later works. I actually acquired the debut album before getting Trespass.

Things changed when i heard White Mountain played on one of those "Internet radio stations". The song was unfamiliar but I instantly recognised it as Genesis.

For me there are three clear standouts on the album: White Mountain, Stagnation and Dusk.
Looking For Someone is OK but seems like a song that has not quite come together yet. Visions of Angels is nice, I suppose; most bands would be pleased to have a song like this in their catalogue, but I think it's a little bland by Genesis standards.

Had I been producing the album, I think I would have sequenced it by moving The Knife to the beginning, allowing the album to finish with Dusk, which would have made a perfect closer. When I listen to the album I generally program it to play in that order.

Last edited by bob_32_116; 10-27-2021 at 02:44 AM.
bob_32_116 is offline   Reply With Quote