Music Banter - View Single Post - Are Boards of Canada pro Pedophilia?
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2021, 12:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thomas4
Account Disabled

Hi Rubber soul :-)

All the references to children just makes me ask "why?" or specifically what that could possibly do to improve or emphasise the music in or by itself or why when the music is not aimed at specifically children as the intended audience. That seems a bit strange to me at least.

I really wouldn't know where to start really if I take into account everything about this duo.
This is because firstly I don't believe any of what is promoted is by accident, I see too many references to children to be able to pass it off as simply a coincidence in my own mind anymore.

I guess Im sensing something from a culmination of multiple references to children in a strange context, as a listener to the music (being the central focus....a musical/listening experience) or never quite knowing what message the artist/s are trying to convey to me by all these references to children?

Most references being dualistic in context or purposely ambiguous, sometimes extremely negative in context.

BoC cover such "dark themes" (to use their own words) as children being killed by fire, which to me seems very odd in itself to include the worst possible harm that could visit any child and all in the name of "art" or simply to be "edgy" where the music could otherwise be enjoyed or simply listened to without these references (which are used to accompany the listening experience).

So we are already as a listener (if we accept the non music themes) immediately introduced (initiated?) into accepting harm to children by proxy and that harm being exploited to produce a theme that is expected to add something pleasant to accompany the music itself? All the requisites of Pedophilia I cannot list but showing children as faceless objects in the format of a color often synonymous with a color chosen to be worn by very young boys at baby or toddler stage.
Or am I being paranoid? Illogical? Seeing something there that isn't?

That is just as a starting point because I really don't know how to explain that logically (certainly not emotionally).

Last edited by Thomas4; 11-01-2021 at 01:15 PM.