Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Computer Tech Support Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2021, 09:10 PM   #2250 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

My PC has slowed to such a speed now that I don't just go make a cup of tea while it moves to the next page, I sail to China. Well, to the Chinese anyway. That's obviously a lie: I've never eaten Chinese food in my life. But it's slow, damn slow.

The laptop has not worked out. I feared it might not. Probably going to try sell it. There's nothing wrong with it, but I've been a desktop jockey for so long now (all my adult life) that I just cannot get to grips with a smaller keyboard and trackball etc. My keyboard is large and that's just how I likes it.

Anyway, long rambling intro to ask a question: I am now in the market for a new desktop, most likely gonna be a refurb. What I want to know is this: the ones I've been looking at - Dell Optiplexes mostly - have no HDMI slots, only VGA and DP (Display Port). My current PC is hooked up to my telly via HDMI (as well as my monitor via DVI) so if I get a Display Port to HDMI adaptor, will this likely work on my TV? I've read conflicting opinions about it, so just wonder if anyone has done this, and if so, if you can recommend one that works.

Ta muchly.
TH