Music Banter - View Single Post - Guilty Pleasures...
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2021, 07:00 AM   #687 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

My thanks to the mod who merged these threads. You have made MB - and the world - a better place!

And welcome to MB, Lilythelittleapple; what a charming user-name you have chosen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilythelittleapple View Post
My guilty pleasure artists: Yoko ono, the residents, captain beefheart, the bungles, Sam smith, Leyland Kirby and The shaggs.

And my guilty pleasure songs:

The shaggs: Philosophy of the world

Lil nas x- Montero

The beatles- Revolution 9

Jeongsu-ra(정수라) We are friends(an 80s kpop song which i in reality shouldn’t be so embarrassed or feel any guilt for loving. But it’s such an underrated song in the Kpop world. I love Kpop, but it’s especially the 80’s kpop i love).
Judging by the ones I know on your list, here on MB you can be positively proud of liking your "guilty pleasure" artists.

On the topic of Capt Beefheart, one guilty pleasure for me is the song Lazy Music; I like it so much more than I can easily justify, but then I'm a sucker for a song that encourages a lazy mood:-

Other songs to add to this shameful, indolent list:-
Copper Kettle (b dylan), Grantchester Meadows (p floyd), Come away with me (n jones).