Music Banter - View Single Post - The 16Personalities Test
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2021, 06:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

I don't know, ISB. It seems ribbons, one of our nicest posters (and they're pretty rare around here) put this thread together as a bit of fun and interest, and what you've done - which I am quite sure is not intentional - is to take her idea apart in, I have to say, quite a condescending and superior way. The takeaway from your post is "I know more about this than you". That's almost certainly true, from what you say, but I don't think it gives you the right to talk down to the lady. Again, I'm sure you don't realise you're doing this, but to me you are, and I think a small apology or confirmation that this was not your intention would not go amiss, as if I were her now I would feel pretty small. Well, maybe she is small, I don't know, but you know what they say about the best things...

Anyhow, she's probably going to be embarrassed and annoyed at me for White Knighting her, but I think her original intention should be acknowledged, not academicised (?) out of sight. Just my two small coins of the same value. I'm not actually interested in these tests, but it seems you are being a little harsh on her.