Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Music Banter Old Fogeys Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2021, 07:49 PM   #62 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I don't know it was some $200 Roku thing two years ago. But the TV I had for years before that was some random late model CRT thing whose buttons and remote **** the bed after not too long and I just dealt with it.

I mean just assuming that the latest technology that you bought represents the entirety of what you can buy is just a dumb guy thing. I mean maybe you just happened upon something that sucks. Maybe your experience is meaningless.
Yeah it's possible my experience is totally anecdotal in regards to its meaningfulness or predictability for other brands of SmartTVs - but after doing research, the problem I have is apparently widespread among Samsung SmartTVs of the time - and there's no real solution for it. The fact that this thing has the ability to get software updates and the issue still hasn't been fixed just pisses me off. It's like, what's the point of even having software updates? If the problem is so big and convoluted that it's not worth it to a giant company like Samsung to put in the resources to fix it, then someone in their development/q&a team needs a punch in the face.

I've had an old Vizio plasma TV since around 2007 and it's still just fine. No issues. If I use an Amazon firestick or a Playstation to stream stuff, and I connect it to a Dumb 4K tv (which do exist), I have this feeling (and I guess that's all it is) I'll have better luck.
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote