Music Banter - View Single Post - The 16Personalities Test
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2021, 04:48 PM   #35 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mucha na Dziko View Post
Also the thing with MBTI that is that it's often interpreted the wrong way...
...Maybe someone more experienced in this stuff, like Innerspaceboy could clarify if I explained things well or got something wrong
A marvelous contribution to the topic, Mucha! Thanks so much for contributing! I'm prone to routinely penning 5-10,000 word letters on a regular basis so it's great to see a member unafraid to expound and contribute more than just a few mere sentences in an effort to better-explore the nuance of the subject matter. Thank you!

From my understanding, you appear correct in each of the elements you’ve touched upon. I particularly enjoyed the vehicular allegory to help others visualize the roles of MBTI types and their cognitive functions. Excellent!

Another important component which factors into MBTI are the three primary phases of human life. Different cognitive functions are commonly focused upon and refined in various stages of life. To use myself as an example, I am in phase three, (my 30s, 40s, and beyond), and find myself perfecting my “flow state” and developing my Fi, (that’s Introverted Feeling). Psychologist Mihalyi Csikszentmihalyi uses the term “flow” to describe the state where we forget about ourselves and our concerns, “becoming one with” our present activity. I experience this often when writing or researching music. And in the past two years, I’ve considerably developed my emotional intelligence, (EQ), and have proactively fostered the most intimately rewarding relationships of my adult life.

I also wanted to touch upon your remark about INTJs and their propensity for untidiness. That’s another facet of my character I’ve consciously developed in adulthood. I’ve found that by meticulously scheduling household maintenance tasks on my daily calendar, I’m able to maintain a spotlessly clean museum of a home at all times with just a few weekly errands for routine upkeep. I share this to show that we are not mere victims of our MBTI - we can use the system to “blow the fog away” just as you said to provide greater clarity to help us become our best selves.

For those readers interested in diving deeper into their cognitive functions, I’ll share three of my favorite introductory sources from my own research on MBTI. These, along with the links I shared in my original post will provide a wealth of knowledge for those just starting out with personality theory.

My first offering is from Cognitive Processes dot com. The site provides an initial summary, followed by a hyperlinked table of all 16 types so you can jump to a more detailed examination of your own personality type. Check it out here:
https://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/16Types/16Types.cfm

Next, here is a lovely introduction to cognitive functions from ThoughtCatalog dot com:
https://thoughtcatalog.com/heidi-pri...ive-functions/

And finally, Personality Junkie dot com offers richly informative profiles for each of the sixteen personality types. You can view them all in detail here:
https://personalityjunkie.com/16-mye...lity-profiles/

ribbons and your readers - let me know if anything I’ve provided helps you understand your cognitive functions better! Thanks again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote