Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart's Album Discography Reviews: Genesis
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2021, 01:48 AM   #37 (permalink)
bob_32_116
Music Addict

Ah, Foxtrot. What can I say about this album that has not already been said, and said better, by others?

Just one thing: I always feel sorry for "Can Utility and the Coastliners", being on the same album as "Supper's Ready". The latter is regarded by many as their finest moment, and I would find it hard to disagree. Yet had "Supper" not been present, I think fans would speak of this album as "Wow, that's the one that has Can-Utility and the Coastliners!". "Can" is musically brilliant, and is even better when you study the lyrics deeply. Poor King Canute is one of the most misquoted and misunderstood figures in history. He was not a deluded egomaniac who thought he could order the waves not to advance; rather, he was demonstrating to his followers the limits of his kingly authority, and how trivial his powers were in comparison with the forces of nature. He was a forward-looking individual who understood some things that still seem to elude certain political leaders of the 21st century.
bob_32_116 is offline   Reply With Quote