Music Banter - View Single Post - MB Discord Server
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2021, 12:06 PM   #205 (permalink)
Mucha na Dziko
Go ahead, Mr. Wendal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
I wasnt trying to offend you pal
Oh, I'm sorry. There was no offence taken, and neither did I think you meant one. I might be "Eastern European", but certainly not religious (in the christian way at least, I guess)

The racist thing was just supposed to be a joke...or something in the likes. I'm not very accustomed to the internet way of talking to people, so I'm sorry ou might've felt like I'm personally offended

You might call me interested in regions though, but in the same wa I'm interested in any form of human social behaviour and delusions

Quote:
i just thought the eastern orthodox church is more ritualistic like the Catholic church is... As compared to protestants.
Protestantism started in Germany, a country I'd call rather eastern in ambience. But then again, that's just up to debate.

Quote:
Catholic church vs a lot of other churches where they act more normal and just talk about the Bible for an hour.
Actually most of the other-than-catholic churches started because the Catholic Church seemed so ritualised in the Middle Ages, and so people wanted to turn to the scripture, the ideas behind it and so on

Quote:
But yeah maybe I'm being closed minded about it, it sounds to me like you think maybe they do believe in the ritual though. That's the thing.... If it's purely performative as wwwp said then i don't much see the appeal in that...
I mean, I don't think they believe in this, as in a christian actually believing he's eating Christ's flesh ever Sunday, but more like in a performative ritual – with no religious/spiritual aspect, only a "personal" one (like getting rid of the negative emotions or something).

Quote:
Id be interested in going if some ****ed up **** was gonna happen or at least if the people there actually believe in the ritual etc.
Me too, and that was my point
But what my point also was is that, if I attended such a gathering, I wish I wouldn't have felt like a reporter/journalist out there, but I'd actually feel something more spiritual – thanks to the surrounding, the chanting, the burning, and so on
Mucha na Dziko is offline   Reply With Quote