Music Banter - View Single Post - Trumpery!
Thread: Trumpery!
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2021, 04:41 PM   #241 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
On the world stage, democratic countries have a disadvantage over dictatorships, don't they?
They sit down at an international conference, and other countries are like "Sure, ok, until you are out of power in 4 years time"

On NK, Trump's gesture hasn't had much impact or follow-through, but pulling out of the Paris Agreement (i) slowed down progress and (ii) made other countries jittery.
Depends on the next election if Trump's position on climate* was a temporary blip in US policy or the outlier of things to come.
My extremely partial advice is "Save the planet - vote Democrat"

* Remember how the EPA was forbidden to use phrases like "global warming"? I'm guessing that ban on even the language of honest analysis has been repealed.
It wasn't a blip in the radar, it was basically business as usual just with the mask off. Our politicians and capitalists have been knowingly murdering the planet for decades before Trump ever showed up, they just talk around it. They're not gonna save you, dude, so stop putting any faith in them. They care about money and power and everything else is dead last.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote