Music Banter - View Single Post - Trumpery!
Thread: Trumpery!
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2021, 10:14 PM   #244 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

The status quo foreign policy of the US is multi faceted and NK is only one of many fronts in which we are semi engaged.

The assertion that even if a president steps out of line with that policy it's not to be taken seriously as an alternative because he wasn't assassinated as a result is reaching Alex Jones levels of conspiratorial thinking.

So the question is if you are Biden, why reverse course? If the Trump policy poses no threat then you must have some other reason for reversing it.

If it does pose a threat (which i honestly don't think it does) and that's your reason then that is even more nefarious. Basically you are stepping in as an agent of the status quo to mitigate said threat. And that would then be the supposed reason Trump isn't a threat cause they know they can just get another puppet in in 4 years

For clarification, i don't think it's any of that. I think the leadership in Washington has a pretty myopic view on the issue and are literally deluded into thinking showing any flexibility with countries like NK is tantamount to showing weakness and ceding ground.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote