Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2021, 05:19 AM   #10466 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

1. Do you prefer wired or wireless keyboard/mouse?
100% wired. It may be a pain with the cables, but at least I know there isn't going to be any issues with bad signals or flat batteries. **** wireless.

2. How many times a day do you have tea or coffee?

Twice, one with my breakfast and one with my dinner. Generally.

3. What talent do you have, if any, which you feel is being wasted, or not used to its fullest potential?

My writing duh. Always thought I would at least have given some publisher the chance to sneer at it and throw it on the slush pile before I was 50. Now I'm nearly 60 and it's never gonna happen.

4. What, if anything, would you consider acceptable or understandable as an excuse for murder/manslaughter?

Quite a few things really. Self defence if it can be proven. Accidental, ie pushing someone over and they hit their head etc, again if no malicious intent can be proven and you have a clean record otherwise. Any woman threatened by an abusive husband, boyfriend etc (or maybe girlfriend but it's usually males) like some guy who beats his wife and goes to sleep - knife that ****er before he wakes up. Or a bastard who tracks his ex and tries to attack her or mess with her kids. I think the laws on murder are still too draconian and they need a new option in between murder and manslaughter.

5. Do you, generally, spend more time looking back or forward, i.e., do you keep going over or looking to the past, or are you a person more concerned with the future?

Usually looking back, wishing I had done things differently. At my age, with no kids and no partner, and Karen's deteriorating condition, there's really not often a lot to look forward to.

6. Will apes be our masters?

If they can stop flinging their **** at each other for long enough.

But seriously...

6. Given the opportunity, would you rather be a bird or a fish?

Bird. The idea of being able to fly is so compelling. Still, birds do have to forage and depend on humans for their food, whereas fish have everything they want there in the ocean. But I don't like the sea, so yeah, bird. Preferably of prey, preferably falcon, kestrel or eagle. But I'd probably end up being a sparrow or some ****.