Music Banter - View Single Post - The Confessional Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2021, 05:00 PM   #4102 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribbons View Post
Feeling anxious as my ex-husband has been leaving voicemails saying he's breaking up with his girlfriend and moving to a new apartment and wants to talk. We rarely talk and this only happens when he's in between relationships. I wish he wanted to talk to his own children more than once or twice a year. He's very narcissistic and it triggers me when I hear from him. Last time he started contacting me (again, during a breakup) he insinuated he would like to reconcile (a completely crazy notion given our history and his non-involvement with our children) but I gingerly changed the topic and he started showing his temper to me. Anyway, I may or may not call back this weekend (else his messages will become more hostile) but just the thought of it is making my hands shake as I type this.

Ribbons, let me just say, I have been with a man like this also. We were together for a few years and he was verbally and emotionally abusive. He was also a narcissist. He would hack my phone to find out who I've been texting and track me via GPS on Viber. It took many years for me to recover after I broke it off with him, therapy being one of them.

I completely understand how uncomfortable it is trying to keep them at an arms length. If you ever want to talk about this with me, please PM. Even just as someone to be your sounding board. Narcissists like to gaslight you into responding to their rhetoric. *hugs*
Scarlett O'Hara is offline   Reply With Quote