Music Banter - View Single Post - The Confessional Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2021, 08:36 AM   #4105 (permalink)
ribbons
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celladorina View Post
Ribbons, let me just say, I have been with a man like this also. We were together for a few years and he was verbally and emotionally abusive. He was also a narcissist. He would hack my phone to find out who I've been texting and track me via GPS on Viber. It took many years for me to recover after I broke it off with him, therapy being one of them.

I completely understand how uncomfortable it is trying to keep them at an arms length. If you ever want to talk about this with me, please PM. Even just as someone to be your sounding board. Narcissists like to gaslight you into responding to their rhetoric. *hugs*
Cella, just want to say - it's so great to see you again! Welcome back to MB. I'm so sorry that you were in a similar situation and I'm relieved to know that you were able to disentangle and disengage from it, as difficult as that was - and believe me, I know what a toll that must have taken on you. Yes, gaslighting and then "hoovering" is what it's all about with narcissists.

Thanks so much for your support and I may just take you up on your offer of lending an ear, as I really value your opinions. *Hugs* back!
ribbons is offline   Reply With Quote