Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2021, 09:46 AM   #10490 (permalink)
rostasi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
Nice. I barely remember Triad, but I do remember WMET, Chicago's Classic Rock and I have a pic of me wearing the tee shirt somewhere. A classic rock station in the late 70's, early 80's playing the same CR they still play 40 years later on the stations that stuck around. Some songs went directly on top of that pile the minute they were released. lol
For the longest time you could hear or read about the competition between WLS and WCFL, but it was always about the numbers while both playing pretty much the same stuff. "The Met" was another I always heard about (and saw the shirts), but didn't find interesting enough - and, yeah, it didn't exist until around the beginning of '77. Weeknights, for me, were always "Triad" and the weekend was "Transition" on WNIB - and very late nights had the DJ "Scorpio" on the air on WGLD. When I started in radio in '74, I took the name "Transition" for the show but played more challenging, creative stuff like "Triad" did. Still today, Saul, the voice of Triad, and I keep in touch. Also, Bobby Skafish did "The Big Beat" (punk and new wave) on WXRT, but that didn't happen until '79. That's when I heard about Ian Curtis' death in '80 - on that show.

rostasi is offline   Reply With Quote