Music Banter - View Single Post - The Confessional Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2021, 10:37 AM   #4110 (permalink)
ribbons
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
My daughters mother was very abusive, verbally, and physically, so I had to separate myself from the equation completely to keep her from using our daughter as a tool against me. One of the hardest yet best decisions I had ever made concerning that mess. Many years later, after she had no one to target and disappeared, she had some sort of epiphany and apologized for everything she'd done to both Hanna and myself.

I hope you can find some comfort in the people around you and eventually get some sort of closure ribs. You don't deserve that kind of abuse. No one does.
Speaking of people who don’t deserve it: I’m so sorry that you and Hanna had to endure that abuse. It’s a credit to you as a father that you put her first and went to great lengths to protect her. Hey, there’s a reason why she’s turned out so well.

In a way, it’s a blessing that our children have had little contact with their father (although I would’ve preferred they had a healthy relationship and tried to foster that – but it’s just not possible). I’ve had sole custody of them, and he’s not capable of looking beyond his own needs so as to be inclined to interfere in their lives.

Thanks for your kind words, Plank – and for sharing your experience, which I know is not easy since that can sometimes trigger bad memories.
ribbons is offline   Reply With Quote