Music Banter - View Single Post - The Confessional Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2021, 03:52 PM   #4113 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribbons View Post
Cella, just want to say - it's so great to see you again! Welcome back to MB. I'm so sorry that you were in a similar situation and I'm relieved to know that you were able to disentangle and disengage from it, as difficult as that was - and believe me, I know what a toll that must have taken on you. Yes, gaslighting and then "hoovering" is what it's all about with narcissists.

Thanks so much for your support and I may just take you up on your offer of lending an ear, as I really value your opinions. *Hugs* back!

Sorry for the late reply, my internet has been playing up! I really appreciate the welcome back It really was the most miserable thing I've been through (and I've been through near death experiences, large earthquakes, etc, etc), there was one point I was so desperate to get out but didn't know how and my dead grandfather came to me in a dream and told me that he loves me and things will get better, which I can absolutely say they did! He was part of the reason I didn't come on MB. Once I started telling my friends, colleagues and parents I was able to get out. A promotion at work took me to a new suburb which gave me a great excuse to move out. He would love bomb then gaslight, total textbook narcissist. There's tons more I can say but I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable.

It would be my utmost pleasure to talk with you angel. You just say the word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
My daughters mother was very abusive, verbally, and physically, so I had to separate myself from the equation completely to keep her from using our daughter as a tool against me. One of the hardest yet best decisions I had ever made concerning that mess. Many years later, after she had no one to target and disappeared, she had some sort of epiphany and apologized for everything she'd done to both Hanna and myself.

I hope you can find some comfort in the people around you and eventually get some sort of closure ribs. You don't deserve that kind of abuse. No one does.

I am so sorry you had to go through that experience Plankton. It's really underestimated how many men have abusive female partners. I am glad to hear that she apologised, it's important. You are a hero!
Scarlett O'Hara is offline   Reply With Quote