Music Banter - View Single Post - Will Biden be another one term president?
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2021, 04:00 PM   #56 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Capitulate to those ending the world or you'll end the world. Gee I wonder who this mindset benefits.

I prefer machetes and bombs to guns fwiw
Nobody ever remembers that anarchist mad lad who shot President McKinley, Leon "Based" Czolgosz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber soul View Post
Okay, you're the President of the United States. You want to punish these people without starting all out riots throughout the country. What would you do? BTW, it isn't over yet, they're still prosecuting these idiots.

PS- It isn't actually the Republican Party. Oh, they say it's the Republican Party but the real Republican party was overthrown in 2016 (though admittedly, they did it to themselves by attracting the people that Hillary Clinton once kindly called deplorables). So if we're really serious, the former Republicans, who I may not agree with but still believe in a true democracy, even if they end up in the minority, will join up with the Democrats (and a few have already) and stop the craziness once and for all. Then we can get back to bickering about Social Security and taxes, etc. instead of impeaching someone because he is wearing the wrong tie.

Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox now.
Conservatives have been figuring out minority rule to keep the mob and brown people from influencing anything for a long time. If you think the Republican party abandoned democracy in 2016 I have bad news for you. Any time you hear "This is a republic not a democracy" then just know it's a very old dog whistle.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote